general conditions of sale
of the Village de l'Océan in Carcans
Opening period: from the beginning of March to the middle of November
Prices : The rates are voted by the City Council and applicable during the whole opening period. The tourist tax is in addition 0.80 € per person per night + 18 years.
- All reservations imply acceptance of the internal regulations.
- Options made by telephone or email are valid for 10 days.
- The reservation is nominative.
- All bookings are subject to a rental contract which must be returned duly completed and signed, together with the insurance certificate and a deposit of 25% of the total price of the stay + 2.9% of the price per night of cancellation insurance (optional), within 10 days. A confirmation will be sent to you by email or post.
- Payment of the balance: In case of non-payment of the balance at the latest ONE MONTH before the date of arrival, the reservation is void and the deposit remains the property of the town of Carcans. At the time of payment of the balance, the tenant is asked to provide, per chalet, a first deposit of 150€ as a guarantee for the equipment and furniture, a second deposit of 80€, relating to the cost of cleaning, (cheques not cashed). Any booking made less than 15 days before the start of the stay must be paid in full before the physical arrival on the site.
- Civil liability insurance The tenant must take out civil liability insurance for private life with a reputable company. He must provide proof of this insurance and its payment to the Town of Carcans. It should be noted that the responsibility of the Town Hall of Carcans, beyond its legal responsibility, is not engaged in case of :
- Theft, loss or damage of any kind, during or following the stay,
- Damage caused or suffered by residents’ vehicles parked or driving within the village
- Cancellation no refund will be made in the event of delay, withdrawal or early departure (except in the case of cancellation insurance). Any cancellation must be notified in writing, by fax or email. Telephone messages will not be taken into account; cancellation insurance is optional (2.90% of the total cost of the stay) and allows you to be reimbursed (except for administration fees) in the event of serious illness, hospitalisation, death, theft, dismissal…. Subject to providing an official document (see cancellation insurance refund clauses). It must be taken out at the time of booking.
During the stay: any stay started is due and the premature interruption of the stay does not lead to any reimbursement of the remaining balance.
Before the stay: any cancellation during the month preceding the start of the
Before the stay: any cancellation occurring in the month preceding the start of the stay will result in the deposit being returned (art 1590 of the Civil Code) except in the event of force majeure (art 1148 of the Civil Code).
Automatic cancellation: in the event of non-payment of the balance at the latest one month before the date of arrival, the reservation is void and the deposit remains the property of the town of Carcans.
The town of Carcans reserves the right to cancel a reservation at any time and without reason.
- Arrivals/Departures : arrival only if the file is complete. Any arrival that does not correspond to the signed contract will be refused access, the reservation will be cancelled, and the sums paid will be retained. The tenant will be given the keys and an inventory. Any remarks or shortcomings must be reported within 24 hours to the person who handed over the keys. The rental period of a chalet cannot be less than seven nights in average and in high season.
On departure, an inventory of fixtures is carried out and signed by both parties (tenant and representative of the municipality). The deposit cheques are returned, by e-mail, within a week of the tenant’s departure. In the event of damage, a deduction proportional to the deterioration noted will be made from the amount of the deposits.
Arrival times: 3pm to 8pm – Departure times: 7am to 9am
The inventory of the crockery can be provided on request.
- Bed linen and towels are not provided. (Rental service available on request)
- The number of the chalet will only be given as an indication and does not constitute a guarantee.
Please contact us for detailed clauses.
The complete conditions concerning the scope, terms and limits of these guarantees are available from the insurer on request. INFORMATION NOTICE ON THE CONTRACT taken out with SAS-Gritchen -Toled Associés. 127 Rue Charles Durand, CS70139. 18021 BOURGES CEDEX. www.gritchen.fr Financial guarantee and professional civil liability FRFINA 15301 ACE RCS 807 925441, SIRET 80792544100014 ORIAS 15000426. www.orias.fr
Cancellation insurance is optional at 2.90% of the total cost of the stay.
It covers you against the consequences of the cancellation or interruption of your stay.
Before and during your stay for the following events (proof required): death of the beneficiary, spouse, children – serious illness of the beneficiary, spouse, parents and children – accident/theft of your vehicle or caravan occurring on the direct route to your place of stay – major material damage to the main residence – redundancy.
Notify the management of the village within 24 hours (under penalty of not being covered) as soon as you are aware of an event preventing or interrupting your stay. Please enclose the necessary supporting documents with your letter.
EXCERPT FROM THE RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Occupancy per chalet may not exceed the number of persons permitted in the sleeping accommodation provided, i.e. a maximum of 5 persons for the Edelweiss, Goéland and PMR chalets equipped for persons with reduced mobility, at least one person of legal age.
- Noise Respect requested, no noise after 10.30 pm.
- Cleanliness The chalets and their surroundings must be kept clean (no rubbish or bottles). At the entrance to the car park (bus stop) glass bin.
- Guests must be declared at the reception desk, vehicles will remain outside.
- Pets : only one pet is allowed per chalet. Pets are allowed provided that they are declared at the time of booking, that they do not disturb the peace and safety of the residents, and that the basic rules of hygiene and the integrity of the facilities are respected. They must be kept on a lead in the Village. It is forbidden to leave your pet alone inside the chalet. The pet’s vaccination record must be up to date. Tattooing or identification chip is compulsory, 1st and 2nd category dogs are forbidden.
- Theft The management declines all responsibility in case of theft.
- Camping is strictly forbidden.
- Barbecues. For safety reasons it is strictly forbidden to light barbecues (except gas or electric), campfires or fireworks.